Dear future and current foreign language practitioners/CLIL teachers,
Welcome to the website offering an easy and user-friendly way of enhancing your teaching qualifications via CLIL.
The concept of CLIL covers teaching various subjects through teaching the foreign language at the same time. Many research studies have justified CLIL method as one of the most efficient way of preparing the pupils/students for their professional careers, therefore, CLIL method has been promoted in many countries. The reason why future and current in-practice teachers should be well informed of CLIL is clear. We firmly believe it has the potential to make foreign language teaching both more enjoyable and efficient.
This course will highlight the most necessary knowledge and skills related to CLIL. In addition, it will provide you with the opportunity to equip yourself with the unique qualification.
CLIL – Theoretical Knowledge
This introductory part is designed to build a solid foundation for further study within this CLIL course. In this part of the course you will learn the following:
- What is CLIL – basics
- Development of CLIL – including informative videos on considering various methods on foreign language acquisition
- Framework of CLIL – explaining the principles to be met and how they can support students´ thinking skills
- L2 as a medium of instruction lesson – navigating you how to scaffold the lesson
- CLIL process planning
- Lesson plan procedure – encouraging you to draw on your own experience and incorporating it in your own context (plus links for further study).
Competences of CLIL Teachers
CLIL teachers can encounter some difficulties prior and during the implementation of CLIL into their lessons. In this part you will get:
- some basic information who the CLIL Teacher is,
- what essential Pre-CLIL and In-CLIL Competences s/he should be equipped with (alongside with related interesting and informative videos),
- and you will be also provided with information on CLIL Teacher Education (and links for further study).
Development of CLIL Materials
Each teacher not only a CLIL teacher needs to prepare materials retrieved from various sources or create his/her own ones as there could be lack of such materials on the market. In this part of the course you will learn which essential principles (4Cs – content, cognition, communication and culture) should be met in CLIL materials.
In this part you will focus gradually on the role of language and language skills and how to implement them so that the students are able to develop not only their subject-specific knowledge but their language skills as well. This part will also show you how the students should be efficiently scaffolded via materials in understanding the subject matter input (plus links for further study).
To pass the course and get the Certificate of a CLIL expert you have to go through the following:
- CLIL – Theoretical Knowledge
- CLIL – Competences of Teachers
- Development of CLIL Materials
of these course parts is followed by the partial test assessing your
knowledge acquired within. Once you study all parts and accomplish all
partial tests, you will be entitled to pass the Final test. On
successful completion of the course you will be awarded the Certificate.